12.05.2012

skinty minty cupcakes


I have been really into mint recently - I think
it started with the not - so - impulse buy
of mint chocolate chip ice cream , then the 
peppermint mocha coffees , then peppermint bark ...

then I decided enough was enough & I have to stop
the junk ! but who am I kidding , I am a choco-holic as I'm
sure you are well aware . 

I was trying to think of ways I can make something pepperminty
yet skinny at the same time , & I came up with the idea of these cupcakes .
by substituting oil with pumpkin mix ( something I have 
been doing for years - I swear you'll never know ! ) , my attempt
to skinnify my cupcakes was a success .

as for the peppermint , I placed a mini york peppermint patty
in between half of the cupcake batter , then made a fresh mint
whipped cream for on top . I love how the peppermint creates
an overwhelming chilly feeling in your mouth ... betcha can't eat just one
(especially after cooling overnight in the fridge - in fact joey & 
I each sneakily had one this morning & didn't tell each other ... shhh )










No comments: