1.05.2013

goat cheese fritters & balsamic marinated strawberry salad

recently I've been enjoying salads more than ever. 
during our trip to warrenton, virginia this past week
to celebrate my cousin lia's wedding to her husband john ,
I had a few amazing salads that really stood out as the best 
meals of our stay. 

at lia & john's wedding, a spring salad was served with 
blackberries & mandarin oranges with a fruit vinaigrette. 
I also had an amazing red leaf caesar salad with croquettes &
at the bridal luncheon a goat cheese fritter & beet salad.
needless to say I ate well during our trip. 

I had a goat cheese fritter salad once before the
lunch at claire's at the depot in warrenton, 
actually only a few days before when joey & I made them
to top one of our salads. 
since my first time cooking these , I have made them four 
more times- that's how much I love them! they are crispy & tangy- 
perfect for any salad .




[ bread cheese as you would with poultry or vegetables
with crispy panko bread crumbs ]

[ I marinated sliced strawberries in balsamic vinaigrette,
sugar, & water to soften & sweeten the berries -
refrigerating after & using the juice in our dressing ]

[ after frying in very hot oil for about a minute & a half
on each side ]

[ spring salad with a lemon honey vinaigrette 
topped with the goat cheese fritters, sliced strawberries,
& shaved almonds ]

[ yum ! ]















No comments: