1.22.2013

please say bye to these trends !


I need to vent.
I have been bottling in all of my feelings
for certain trends that have became a "thing" this year.

if everyone would work as one , we could 
stop embracing these icky new fashion trends
& the world would be a much classier place. 

case in point :

neon & crop tops -
I know electric music is "cool" this year but 
looking like a glow stick rarely makes you look cool . 
same goes for the hippie crop top look - that mixed 
with neon is even worse. gah! enough!

high / low hems -
okay I admit I thought about buying a high / low
hemmed dress - so happy I didn't ! blink & you will miss this trend .

wedge sneakers -
unless they are in fact isabel marant , just no . 

peplum -
yes it is possible to look cute in a peplum top ,
but it is just way over done . when I first saw a 
j crew collection peplum top in olive green jaquard ,
I died . now the style is all over , and my
love of the peplum died too . 

please ladies , learn to see a trend ahead of time 
before you succumb to the silliness too .
ask yourself this question :
will I wear _____ (insert fashion fad) in 10 years?
most likely , no . this is my mantra I have 
tried to stick to after seeing one too many facebook 
pictures of myself that make me cringe- why sarah?? 

trends that will always be classy:

black - 
yes I am the person that after living in nyc 
converts their whole wardrobe to this one color .
it will always be classic .

stripes -
nautical or not , a striped tee will always be cute .

chambray -
a worn in chambray pull over or button down is a staple -
but beware of the new dip dyed , acid washed , etc trends -
only cool if they were once actually your dads .

another tip:  think of looking back at yourself in pictures -
would you be embarrassed of wearing a neon 
crop top tee shirt with a high/low hem chiffon skirt ?
um, I would .






No comments: