3.05.2012

home goods

you know the saying , " out with the old , in with the new " ?
in respect to my new apartment , I found that the saying has been reversed .
in with the old , out with the new .

I threw out many things I had recently boughten & accumulated ,
& kept the simple classics I have held on to over time or 
inherited from my mom .

the simple things in my apartment really do make me the happiest ,
here are some examples of the little treasures in my new home 
that are actually the oldest :

[ fortune I've saved for at least two years that I hope
will continue to guide me in my future ]

[ heart boxes I've had for as long as I can remember ]

[ my mom's old throw fits perfectly in my reading room ]

[ joey's old house plant we replanted into a chic white pot ]

[ my mom's wicker tray I turned into a sort of catch-all ]

[ marc jacob's key fab from my first apartment & 
a lucky rabbit foot from my dad ]


No comments: