2.04.2012

jamaican beef patties

I always see jamaican beef patties at the local deli
& am always curious as to what they are .
why are they in the refrigerated case next to the turkey & cheese ? I was confused .
as I judged them for being dirty & unhealthy , I found myself wondering what they
actually tasted like - so I decided to make them myself instead of continuing
to hold a grudge against the ethnic meat patty .

similar to my beef empanadas ( made here ) - they were easy to make ,
full of flavor , & wrapped in a flaky crust . 

[ I added my mom & dad's pickled hot peppers straight from our garden at home .
you can't get fresher than that ! ]



[ tons of spices & vegetables in the meat - what makes it jamaican is 
the curry & paprika flavors . I added ketchup to the meat for the flavor
I thought it was lacking . ]


[ of course paired with sriracha  ]

recipe based off of : recipe one & recipe two


No comments: