2.21.2012

pan seared pistachio encrusted scallops over papaya & tangerine risotto .

intimidating title much ?
I've never actually had risotto before , I thought I wouldn't like it 
& therefore never brought myself to try it .
I was browsing the food network website & came across risotto recipes ,
& on this cold february day I thought nothing would be better than 
a warm rice dish with seafood .

it was easier than I thought to make - though to be honest
I don't think I'm a papaya girl .
we only used 1 / 2 of the papaya it called for , & it still held
a strong papaya flavor . the risotto , however , was amazing & I can't
wait to make it again !






recipe via

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Risotto is probably one of the best foods you can make for dinner! There is a million different recipes for risotto and they are so good. I have previously made mushroom risotto and it was delicious! love the tangerine and papaya addition!

sarah day said...

the papaya & tangerine looked pretty but the papaya was a little much. maybe it's an acquired taste? I want to make sausage & brocolini next.. when are you going to guest post on here with me ?