12.12.2011

homemade fruit roll-ups

growing up, getting my mom to buy me junk food like gushers & fruit by the foot was tough ( which I am now very thankful for) . with that, I discovered fruit leathers, which taste exactly like sugary fruit roll-ups but are less processed & healthier, thus my mom would always let me drop them into the shopping cart.

wanting a little something to snack on without guilt brought me to find recipes for my childhood favorite : fruit leathers.
 I used this recipe, but cut the ingredients in half ( and still had to use two cookie sheets ) in lieu of saving cooking time. this was the recipe that called for the fastest baking time of 5 hours; some of the recipes called for us much as 15 !
4 simple ingredients ( we used pears & raspberries, but you can use any fruit(s) )



so pretty !



No comments: