12.17.2011

thrift store finds

yesterday, I went to second hand stores throughout my neighborhood in search of random odds & ends I could restore.  when going to thrift stores, it is always good to have a project in mind beforehand - if not you could get lost in the endless possibilities of how one man's junk can become your treasures ! 

this time, I had mason jars on my mind. I told you all of my love of the handy jars, and I had an idea of spray-painting them either a sea-foam green or a quaint yellow as a flower vase. 

of course, in my search for mason jars, I happened to pick up a few things along the way. 

in addition to mason jars, I found a large & beautiful starfish & votive holders. I also decided to spray paint clam shells from my hometown I had spread throughout my apartment.  

I first primed all my findings in a white coat so the spray paint was ensured to stick.


sea life in silver

so pretty !

finished project - cute right ? 


No comments: