1.01.2012

happiness is ...

happy new year ! I am so excited to have a fresh start in 2012 .

I never was one to believe in new year's resolutions, as I guiltily never held true to my year- long promises to myself ( especially the cliche diet resolution ) .  this year , however, I will admit to a few things I would love to change come 2012.
I am going to try to go with the flow more  ( something very hard for a control freak like me ) , complain less , & continue baking / cooking / decorating my apt for the blog . 

I also want to make each day count, as I have learned first handedly this year that life is short. 

a few things made me especially happy in the last week of 2012 ...

fish tacos from indian wells tavern in amagansett, ny

my hors d'oeuvres spread for nye 
[ homemade punch ( coconut vodka, pineapple / mango / orange juice , 7up, 
& infused lemons / strawberries ), homemade french onion dip ( recipe here ) , pigs in a blanket , joey's bruschetta, olives & pretzels  ]

my cute star lantern from ikea & holiday ralph lauren candle

riley tired from a long morning of unwrapping presents on christmas day

nye nails [ william tell me about opi ]

I hope everyone has a healthy & prosperous new year ! 
* S

No comments: