1.03.2012

home is wherever i'm with you

with the new year , I told myself I would really take time & redecorate my apartment 
[ fix things that constantly annoy me , improve on organization,
 & consistently decorate ]

I got the idea for this quote - painting from this blog , 
& this re-worked piece now hangs in our room : ) .


1. ) take an old painting / one you could live without 

2 . ) using vinyl letter stickers [ I purchased mine from michaels ] , 
cut out individual letters and eye where you'd like to place them on the painting

3 . ) stick the letters on the painting

4 . ) we spray - painted over our painting in white so the letters would 
be the color of the original art work. 
you could also spray paint the whole painting white, then spray over the letters in a 
different color & play around with it .

once the paint is dry , gently peel off the vinyl lettering .

finished product ! 
costs under $10 and is a fun , quick, & easy project. 
I love it .

No comments: